Are you bored of the classic World of Warcraft races? Never fear, because we're here to help you unlock the amazing Allied Races the old-fashioned way, without resorting to cheating or using an Allied Races boost service. The Allied Races are available for both Horde and Alliance, putting a new twist on classic races. Unlocking these require players to journey back to the Battle for Azeroth and Legion expansions and complete the required achievements.
Here at Rivalry, we've compiled a list of all the Allied Races available in World of Warcraft, along with their unique racial traits, to help you make the best decision for your character. So, gear up and get ready to experience Azeroth like never before!
Horde Allied Races
- Bull Rush: Charges the player forward for 1 second, knocking enemies down for 1.5 seconds. 2-minute cooldown.
- Waste Not, Want Not: The player has a chance to loot extra meat and fish.
- Pride of Ironhorn: Increase your Mining by 5 and Deftness by 25%, allowing you to mine more quickly.
- Mountaineer: Increases Versatility by 1%.
- Rugged Tenacity: Reduces damage taken according to character level.
Players must earn two achievements: Ain't No Mountain High Enough through quests in Highmountain and the Allied Races: Highmountain Tauren. The latter is a short recruitment questline available in the Horde embassy, so they can then create a new character as a Highmountain Tauren.
- Ancestral Call: Invoke the ancestral spirits and be granted their power. Increases a random secondary stat by 102 for 12 seconds.
- Open Skies: Increased Mount Speed by 10%.
- Savage Blood: Reduces the duration of Poison, Diseases, and Curses by 10%
- Sympathetic Vigor: Increases pet health by 10%.
To unlock the Mag'Har Orcs, players will need to earn two achievements. This includes the Ready for War achievement, done by completing the war campaign in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Achieving this will unlock the short recruitment scenario, Allied Races: Mag'har Orcs.
- Cantrips: Conjure an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing mail access for 1.5 minutes.
- Arcane Pulse: Deals 200% Attack power in Arcane damage to nearby enemies every 2 seconds and snares them by 50%.
- Ancient History: Inscription skills increased by 5.
- Magical Affinity: Increases magic damage by 1%
- Arcane Resistance: Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%
To create a Nightborne as a playable race, you must complete the main Suramar quest chain, which will take several hours to complete. This will give you the achievement Insurrection. As with the previous Allied Races, players must do the short recruitment section to get the Allied Races: Nightborne achievement, allowing them to create a Nightborne character.
- Bag of Tricks: Pull a chosen trick from the bag and use it on an enemy or an ally. Enemies can take damage, or allies are healed. The trick can be changed by using "Rummage Your Bag." It has a 1.5-minute cooldown.
- Make Camp: As the name suggests, make camp at an outdoor location. "Return To Camp" allows you to teleport back to camp. Has an hour-long cooldown.
- Alpaca Saddlebags: Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
- Fire Resistance: Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%.
- Nose for Trouble: Reduce initial damage taken from an enemy by 5% of your maximum health.
To play as a Vulpera, players must complete the Vul'Dun main scenario quest chain, which will take several hours to complete fully. After this, they must also finish the Allied Races: Vulpera recruitment storyline found in the Horde Embassy.
Zandalari Trolls have their own racial abilities unlike any other races, Embrace of the Lao. To choose their Lao, players must go to their respective shrines in Dazar'alor and attune themselves to them. Attuning to a shrine has a 5-day cooldown, so choose wisely!
- Embrace of Akunda: Healing abilities have a chance to heal their target
- Embrace of Gonk: Increases Movement Speed by 5%.
- Embrace of Bwonsamdi: Damaging abilities have a chance to deal Shadow damage and heal you for 100%.
- Embrace of Kimbul: Damaging abilities have the potential to cause the target to bleed over 6 seconds and can stack 3 times.
- Embrace of Krag'wa: Taking damage can grant you additional Health and 66 Armor.
- Embrace of Pa'ku: Abilities can grant you a 4% Critical Strike for 12 seconds.
- Pterrordax Swoop: Reduces your falling speed for 2 minutes. 15-minute cooldown.
- Regeneratin': Regenerate 100% of your maximum health over 6 seconds. 2.5-minute cooldown.
- City of Gold: Increase gold earned from creatures by 2%.
There are three things players must do before they can play as a Zandalari Troll themselves. First, they must complete the entire Tides of Vengeance war campaign. Players should then advance to the Zuldazar main scenario quest line. Players can complete the Allied Races: Zandalari Troll quest series at the Horde Embassy to unlock this Allied Race.
Alliance Allied Races
Dark Iron Dwarf
- Fireblood: Removes all poison, disease, curse, and other negative effects and increases your primary stat by 600 for each effect removed. 2-minute cooldown.
- Mole Machine: While outside, summon a Mole Machine that tunnels into the earth.
- Dungeon Delver: While indoors, move 4% faster.
- Forged in Flames: Reduces damage taken from Physical Attacks by 1%.
- Mass Production: Increases Blacksmithing skill by 5 and Blacksmithing speed by 10%.
Unlocking the Dark Iron Dwarf requires players to complete the first step of the Alliance War campaign to get the Ready for War achievement. Following this, players must complete the recruitment scenario found at the Stormwind Embassy. Upon completion, players should be able to pick Dark Iron Dwarves in the character customization screen.
Kul Tiran Human
- Haymaker: Wind up and release damage upon an enemy, dealing 20 Physical Damage, stunning for 3 seconds and knocking them back.
- Brush It Off: Increases Versatility by 1%. When damage is taken, heal for 2% of that amount over 4 seconds.
- Child of the Sea: Hold your breath for 50% and swim 10% faster
- Jack of All Trades: Increases all Tradeskills by 2.
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner: Reduces Frost and Nature damage taken by 1%.
Playing as a Kul Tiran Human requires players to fulfill two achievements: Tides of Vengeance (completing the Alliance war campaign) and A Nation United (completing the major storylines in the Kul Tiran zones).
- Light's Judgement: Call a strike of Holy energy dealing Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards.
- Forge of Light: Enables Blacksmithing at your location and increases the skill by 5.
- Demonbane: Gain 20% experience from killing Demons.
- Light's Reckoning: If you die, the Light avenges you, dealing Holy damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing allies.
- Holy Resistance: Reduces Holy damage taken by 1%.
Players must complete the Argus storyline to earn the You Are Now Prepared and the Allied Races: Lightforged Draenei achievements to learn why the Lightforged Draenei joined the Alliance to be able to play as one.
- Combat Analysis: Gather and analyze combat data every 5 seconds, increasing your primary stat by 4, stacking up to 8 times.
- Mastercraft: You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.
- Emergency Failsafe: Heal for 15% of your maximum health if you fall below 20%.
- Skeleton Pinkie: Opens locked chests and doors.
To complete the recruitment questline for Mechagnomes, players need to get to Level 50 on an Alliance character and unlock the Mechagon zone. They must complete this zone's central storyline and a dungeon run. The Allied Race: Mechagnomes questline will then be available and unlock them as a new race.
- Spatial Rift: Tear a rift in space. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.
- Entropic Embrace: Abilities have a chance to empower you with Void essence, increasing damage and healing by 5%, with a 33% proc chance.
- Ethereal Connection: Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
- Preternatural Calm: Spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.
- Chill of Night: Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.
To create a Void Elf Allied Race character, players must earn two specific achievements: You Are Now Prepared and Allied Races: Void Elf.
Allied Race Heritage Armor Sets
Heritage Armor sets are cosmetic armor specifically available for each Allied Race. They are earned by playing as an Allied Race character and leveling them to Level 50. Players must then complete the specific Heritage quest related to their race. A character boost will not allow players to receive their Heritage Armor. A Heritage Armor set can be transmogged by any character of that specific race.
There you have it; that's how to unlock all the new Allied Races in World of Warcraft. If you are stuck on your achievement criteria for each new race, plenty of mods like the BFA attunement tracker can help guide you in the right direction.
If you want more gaming content, we have a Hogwarts Legacy map guide, Resident Evil 4 remake tips, Overwatch 2 hero unlock guide - there's something for everyone!