Let's start with PPD's Twitter! And then move on to Jack & Nahaz answering any and all Dota Pro Circuit questions as we continue the DPC discussion from our previous episode of the Rivalry Cooldown. This was live streamed on Twitch - you can find all the community questions timestamped below.
Make sure to subscribe to The Rivalry Cooldown wherever you listen to podcasts to make sure you never miss an episode! ( Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, etc)
- 1:45 - Let's start with PPD's twitter!
- 8:30 - What is the Chinese perspective on booing, crowd interaction, who does China see as the biggest rival?
- 11:41 - No one in China has the mix of stature and pride and outspokenness of PPD
- 13:30 - Do you think teams competing in closed quals should be required to have some sort of written legal agreement among the players before they are allowed to compete? Even just an assertion that Person A owns the team and the players are employees, or that all 5 players have equal stakes in the team?
- 15:10 - What do you think Team Team would have done if Valve had told TT they would have to play with all 5 players or go through open qualifiers at TI?
- 21:20 - What do y'all think needs to happen for Valve to change their focus to care more about the ecosystem as a whole vs focusing mostly on players? Would this be required for them to implement necessary changes to the DPC?
- 31:00 - "I've played Overwatch, and we are a smarter community"
- 32:20 - If a team of five South Africans went and played in another region and qualified, do you think Valve would have a problem with that, considering South Africa doesn't actually have a qualifier region?
- 40:00 - Could the ecosystem as a whole benefit from TI being a bi-annual event, creating more spaced out DPC events and more room for non-DPC event to flourish, as a way to develop the scene and to reduce the stress on players/orgs?
- 44:40 - Should any competently run tournament be non-DPC in the first place? Why not just make them DPC instead of hoping they magically do well despite being made irrelevant by the lack of DPC status?
- 57:00 - What about distributing tournament prize money towards something other than TI?
- 1:04:40 - Can Dota be sold to younger players? Or is it doomed to be like horse racing or boxing with an aging, stagnant viewer base?
- 1:12:32 - In a recent podcast Sunsfan said that valve employers don't like working on TI and he has a theory that 10th TI will comeback in NA and it will be the last. What do you think about that?
- 1:22:30 - One on one with Gabe Newell and he answers one question honestly. What do you ask?
Follow our Guests on Twitter:
👉 KBBQ - https://twitter.com/KBBQDotA
👉 Nahaz - https://twitter.com/NahazDota
Follow our host on Twitter:
👉Reinessa - https://twitter.com/ReinessaGaming