Everything Wrong with the DPC ft. KBBQ & Nahaz | The Rivalry Cooldown
Take a breather, relax, recharge, and join us on The Rivalry Cooldown, where we give you an unfiltered view on the current topics in esports from the experts. On this week's episode, we go over EVERYTHING about the DPC - past systems, current, and the future. What works? What doesn't? What would Jack's dream DPC be?
Join us LIVE on https://www.twitch.tv/RivalryFTW on Monday May 6th at 14:30 EDT for a live AMA and continuation of the DPC discussion!
You can also find The Rivalry Cooldown as a podcast! Available on Apple, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, Tuner, Podbean etc - just search for "The Rivalry Cooldown" or ask Alexa to do it for you!
- 00:45 - Intro
- 4:30 - DPC format is not changing for the next season
- 6:00 - How does this impact t3/4 tournaments?
- 11:30 - Trickle down doesn't work in Dota either
- 12:00 - The DPC is structure but also isn't structure
- 17:00 - Imagine how expensive tournaments are
- 18:00 - Organizers used to have to compete with each other
- 22:30 - The emphasis is being increased for TI, making us more and more top heavy
- 25:00 - Player schedules / room for third party tournaments
- 25:30 - The idea that open quals for the next major are during the current one is insane
- 32:00 - Major quals should be on LAN
- 38:00 - Who prefers GSL?
- 38:30 - Jack - qualifiers need to reduce the noise
- 44:30 - How the hell do we not have a comprehensive set of DPC rules?
- 51:00 - Would you rather play a format where you get more games?
- 59:00 - There are scenarios where just finishing at top 4 of one event will just qualify
- 1:00:20 - This year's roster lock system is a mess
- 1:04:00 - How much does each player contribute?
- 1:05:00 - SVG's idea about a point floor
- 1:12:00 - LAN minors/regional minors spread out pre-major
- 1:22:00 - Valve has vehemently stopped TOs from monetizing Dota broadcasts
- 1:31:00 - How does CSGO do it?
- 1:35:00 - What does the DPC system mean for talent?
- 1:39:00 - A "Race to the bottom" for talent competing to get hired
- 1:45:30 - How are talent found? Who makes talent decisions?
- 1:49:40 - What are our dreams for the DPC?
Follow our Guests on Twitter:
👉 KBBQ - https://twitter.com/KBBQDotA
👉 Nahaz - https://twitter.com/NahazDota
Follow our host on Twitter:
👉Reinessa - https://twitter.com/ReinessaGaming