FaZeUp? How About Lawyer Up ft. SirScoots & Nahaz | The Rivalry Cooldown
Take a breather, refresh, and join us on the Rivalry Cooldown, where we give you the current topics in esports from the experts. This week we dive into the lovely world of esports contracts! Denial not paying their players, Tfue and the FaZe situation, Dota 2 tournament's and their laundry list of payment issues - we have it all! SirScoots work with the Players Association and Nahaz's professional and esports experience make them the perfect duo to dive in on the issues facing players in the rapidly expanding world of esports, where no one wants to leave money on the table.
Don't forget to hit that bell to get notified when new content gets posted!
Make sure to subscribe to The Rivalry Cooldown wherever you listen to podcasts so you never miss an episode! (Apple, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean etc)
- 0:45 - Intro - payment issues, contracts, and growing up
- 1:30 - Denial backstory from Scoots
- 7:00 - Zach "if that'ts your real name"
- 8:00 - Contract law exists for a reason
- 9:45 - Players can still get a lawyer even after signing
- 11:30 - Scoots as a player advocate
- 13:45 - You would NOT buy a $500K house without a lawyer, don't sign a contract without one!
- 20:30 - The "perfect contract"
- 21:15 - Look, there goes a t-rex!
- 27:30 - GESC / conditions and payment issues
- 32:00 - Valve licensing 'control'
- 34:30 - Linkedin esports consultants
- 35:30 - Why did we go from so many majors/minors down to just 10 DPC events?
- 37:30 - Okay Valve... if you don't want to vet people ahead of time, at least check after!
- 40:45 - Nahaz - Galaxy Battles was disgusting
- 44:00 - Look how long it took unions to rise in other scenes?
- 49:30 - Tfue & agents and the issues in California
- 51:30 - California has tight control on who can be an agent
- 53:20 - Independent contractors vs employees
- 57:30 - RTZ Comcast/Xfinity sellout
- 1:01:00 - Astralis advertising/independent players
- 1:06:30 - Back to Tfue and the danger of setting a precedent
- 1:11:40 - How many NFL fans play football?
- 1:15:40 - What is your target audience?
- 1:25:00 - What regulations would you like to see put in place moving forward?
Follow our Guests on Twitter:
👉 SirScoots - https://twitter.com/SirScoots
👉 Nahaz - https://twitter.com/NahazDota
Follow our host on Twitter:
👉Reinessa - https://twitter.com/ReinessaGaming