It's that time again! Another League of Legends patch is just around the corner, with patch 13.18. LoL Worlds is fast approaching, meaning Riot Games is doing everything in their power to make the meta as even as possible in prep for the pinnacle of LoL esports.
Players hungry for new champions are in luck as Briar, the Unrestrained Hunger, will drop alongside LoL patch 13.18. Known as the "hangry jungler," Briar will unleash her appetite on Summoner's Rift and take bites out of the enemy team.
Let's take a look at all the buffs and nerfs dropping alongside LoL patch 13.18, including when the patch goes live, all champion changes, and new skins released on the shop.
WHEN WILL LOL PATCH 13.18 GO LIVE?
According to Riot Games' official patch schedule, League of Legends patch 13.18 will go live on September 13, 2023.
The patch will be rolled out steadily across the day according to all major server time zones, beginning with the Oceanic server. Here are all the critical patch rollout times for the major LoL servers worldwide.
- 3 AM PT (NA)
- 5 AM GMT (EU West)
- 3 AM CET (EU North East)
- 8 AM KST (Korea)
As with every new patch release, several hours of server downtime will occur. While this is happening, all matchmaking and competitive queues will be disabled before the new patch is fully live across all servers.
WHAT'S NEW IN LOL PATCH 13.18?
Like all patches, there's a myriad of champion buffs and nerfs to dive into. This time, the victims of the nerf hammer are top laners Tryndamere and Jarvan IV, as they've been causing chaos on the rift with high win rates.
Rampaging vampire Briar will also be released in Patch 13.18 as the 165th champion to join the roster. This hangry blood-sucker will go into a berserk mode, chasing down her enemies with incredible self-healing and damaging potential. She is intended to be a jungler, but it'll be interesting to see her potential in other lanes.
As always, Riot Games is treating fans with several skins for them to open their wallets for. Introducing the new Street Demon skins with a distinct urban art style. These new epic skins will each have custom recalls and effects, adding a fresh look for your favorite champions.
- Street Demon Brand (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Street Demon Briar (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Street Demon Mundo (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Street Demon Neeko (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Street Demon Rengar (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Street Demon Zyra (Epic): 1,350 RP
- Crystalis Motus Taliyah (Mythic): 100 Mythic Essence
LOL PATCH 13.18: BRIAR, THE UNRESTRAINED HUNGER
Interestingly, Briar is the only champion to have no Health Regeneration. Her self-healing and sustain comes from her Passive and other abilities, as expected from a vampire. Check out her introduction cinematic trailer below.
Here's a bite-sized breakdown of League of Legends' new champion's Briar, and her abilities.
- Health: 590.
- Health Regeneration: 0.
- Magic Resist: 32
- Attack Damage: 60.
- Attack Damage Growth: 3 per level.
- Attack Speed Growth: 0.0025 per level.
(Passive) Crimson Curse
- Briar's attacks apply a bleed for five seconds, stacking up to nine times. Briar's abilities cost 6% of her current HP to cast.
- Briar gains 50% increased healing based on her missing health, and Briar heals for 100% of the remaining bleed damage when a bleeding enemy dies.
(Q) Head Rush
- Briar jumps to a target, stunning them for 0.85 seconds. It deals physical damage and reduces 10% of armor for five seconds.
(W) Blood Frenzy/Snack Attack
- Upon first cast, Briar leaps into a Blood Frenzy, self-taunting the nearest enemy for 5 seconds. While in Blood Frenzy, she gains attack speed and movement speed.
- Briar can recast with Snack Attack. It deals missing health physical damage and heals Briar for 30% of the damage dealt. The bite deals 20% increased damage to minions and monsters.
(E) Chilling Scream
- Briar removes Blood Frenzy and charges the ability. She gains 35% damage reduction and restores 10% HP over one second.
- Upon release, Briar unleashes a scream that deals damage based on the time charges. It slows nearby enemies by 80% for 0.5 seconds.
- When fully charged, Chilling Scream knocksback enemies. Chilling Scream deals extra damage if the enemy hits a wall and stunning them for an additional 1.5 seconds.
(R) Certain Death
- Briar throws off her pillory's gemstone in a direction with a global attack range. If it hits an enemy champ, Briar will fly to the hit target, marking them as her Prey and gaining True Sight.
- Upon landing, Briar will deal physical damage to all targets nearby, causing all targets that aren't her Prey to flee for 1.5 seconds. She enters an empowered Blood Frenzy, pursuing her Prey until the death of either party. She gains armor, magic resist, 10% lifesteal, and additional movement speed during this time.
LOL PATCH 13.18: ALL CHAMPION ADJUSTMENTS
Here are all the early patch notes for LoL patch 13.18. These new changes are currently available on the PBE (Public Beta Environment) until the patch launches on September 13. These adjustments are all subject to change, so watch this space!
LoL Patch 13.18: Champion Buffs
(Passive) Traveler's Call
- Movement speed duration increased from 7 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Number of stacks increased from 5 to 10.
(W) Caretaker's Shrine
- Bonus movement speed reduced from 30% at all ranks to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%
- Bonus movement speed now scales with 5% per 100 AP.
- Shrine charge timer reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Now stores 2 charges with an 18 seconds recharge timer.
(R) Vanguard's Edge
- Cooldown reduced from 140 - 100 seconds to 125 - 85 seconds.
- Health growth increased from 109 to 115
(Passive) Thousand Cuts
- Monster damage cap increased from 6 +10% AP to 15 + 20% AP.
(E) Lightning Rush
- Energy cost reduced from 100 - 80 to 80 flat.
(R) Slicing Maelstrom
- Cooldown reduced from 120 seconds flat to 120 - 80.
- Critical damage increased from 160.125% to 175%
(W) Dark Passage
- Shield per soul increased from 1.5 to 2.
LoL Patch 13.18: Champion Nerfs
(Passive) Martial Cadence
- Damage reduced from 8% current HP to 6% current HP.
(Passive) The Darkin Scythe
- Healing reduced from 20 - 30% to 25% flat.
(R) Umbral Trespass
- AD ratio reduced from 13% per 100 bonus AD to 10% per 100 bonus AD.
(E) Full Tilt
- Movement speed reduced from 15% - 25% to 12% - 20%.
- Health growth reduced from 115 to 108.
- Base AD reduced from 68 to 66.
- Base health reduced from 660 to 630.
- Health growth increased from 102 to 106.
- Cooldown increased from 11 - 9 seconds to 13 - 9 seconds.
LOL PATCH 13.18: ITEM CHANGES
Lol patch 13.18 sees no fundamental changes to any Summoner Spells or Dragons, but some slight adjustments to popular in-game items.
Crown of the Shattered Queen
- AP increased from 70 to 85.
- Damage reduction reduced from 75% to 50%
- Linger duration increased from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
Spear of Shojin
- Attack damage reduced from 60 to 55.
- Attack damage increased from 45 to 50.
- Minion damage reduced from 250 - 350 to 200 flat.
- Attack damage increased from 55 to 60.
That's all the information we have on the upcoming League of Legends patch 13.18, as the main focus is seeing the impact Briar will have on the meta.
It's now nearing the end of the year, so we can be confident that Riot Games will release their plans for Season 14 of the popular MOBA soon.
Rivalry is the home of esports! Check out our articles on ARAM, the rarest skins, all LoL characters in Arcane, and the Arcane Season 2 release window. For keen bettors, check out Same Game Parlays available for certain LoL matches. The bigger the bet, the bigger the brain (Scientifically proven)!